Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Semana Three: We picked the get out of Jail Free Card!

Hola Familia!

It is a beautiful day here in Mexico. Today our branch was able to visit the Temple, but unfortunately just the visitor center because the temple is closed for quite some time. We got on the bus, and our leader said, you all picked the get out of jail free card today! It was really great to see the culture and the people of Mexico City. Here are some fun things that happened this week!


1. Whenever I{d read Kylies emails of all the connections she makes I would always think, man there is NO way that I will have any connections where Im going. Well... 1) Elder Erchanbrack in my distrcit is from UT and he is cousins with the Northrups in the Chub. 1st ward! 2) Elder Goff in my distrcit is cousins with DIRK who I met the first day in Hawaii. and 3) Hermana Ferrell knows Lindsay Hawkins from BYU Jer. 

2. My companion and I were called to be the new Sister Training Leaders this week. It will be great to get to know the other hermanas better. 

3. I had to give my talk in Sacrament Mtg. on Sunday, it wasn{t all that bad! luckily none of us are that great at Spanish.. so they understand. haha the struggle is real folks! 

4. On my way to email I met an Elder Spencer who is going to Nashville!!




We have 2 investigators right now Jasmine, and Daniella. Daniella has a date set for April 8th! Im so happy every chance we get to teach or roleplay, especially in spanish. My morning teacher (the Latino Elder McDermott)  had us roleplaying in English to make sure we understood the fundamental we were learning, and right after my comp. and I had to go teach a lesson. I went blank! My mind was in English mode and it was a rough lesson! haha.




Conference is coming up! I hope you are all preparing for that. And invite someone to watch with you!  Im super excited for that. We were able to listen to Elder Hollands, FEED MY SHEEP talk for the second time in 2 weeks. I love that talk so much. Also, 2 members in the MTC Presidency were in the 70 at one point, Pres. Pratt and Tenorio Pres. Tenorio gave a talk in conference in 2007 about Eternal families that we got to listen too. Look it up if you get the chance! Its only 8 mins. His son is our branch presdent here.




One of the many things I learned this week is that every day of our lives is a gift from the giver, and to always be better today then you were yesterday. I read a great talk by Brad Wilcox called His Grace is Sufficient, I wish I would have read that before I gave my Farewell talk. There is so much I dont understand about the Atonement. Pero, I{ve learned that If dont have Charity and I am nothing. If I dont love my investigators I cannot teach them.




Desi, how was the drive? Just wait a few more years, youll be proud of what youve done! :) Congrats to Brittany too!! We are gonna have a little Curly Sue! I wasnt able to see the youtube video.. but I bet it was super cute. Thanks for all the emails, I looke forward to hearing from you all week! My Pday is so great because of that.. and because its always Pizza night from Costco. haha. My Spanish is coming along.. is still pretty rough! The locals talk so fast!! Tomorrow our district is having a SOLO ESPANOL day. It may turn into CHARADES DAY haha. I know with every fiber in me that If I am doing all I can do, and being obedient that when I am in the field I will be able to speak espanol. 

Love,
Hermana McKee








No comments:

Post a Comment